Selling your business in the Boston MA area. Vince Murphy Business Broker we have Brokers in most major metro areas and States to assist you

Murphy Business & Financial Corporation LLC

We are one of the largest and most successful business brokerage firms in North America with offices conveniently located throughout the United States and Canada. Murphy Business provides both clients and business associates with the highest standards of professional service and unmatched performance in the sale of privately held businesses, mergers & acquisitions, franchise sales, business valuations, machinery & equipment appraisals, commercial real estate and business consulting. With the team at Murphy Business, you can be assured you are represented by outstanding, experienced and knowledgeable professionals who will provide you with sound financial, strategic and tactical implementation to achieve a successful transaction.
Know More.. 

Contact Vincent Murphy Business Broker Intermediary



The first broker I ever worked for said, "Every deal you have will die at least 5 times before it closes. How you handle that, will determine whether you can survive doing this for a living." As I enter my 11th year doing this, I still smile at that memory because it is as true today as it was then.

I just recently closed a deal that broke the record for the above statement. It was in escrow for 5+ months and both the buyer and the seller said, "forget it I'm out", at least 10 times each! So the questions is; how did close? The answer is patience, patience, patience.

As a broker, you need to have a lot of knowledge about business, accounting, real estate, tax issues, regulatory issues, landlords, licenses, etc.. But the most important aspect of what I do has nothing to do with that. My biggest asset is my understanding of other people's thoughts and feelings.

I remember what it was like when I was trying to sell my own business and I draw on those feelings every time so that I can put myself in the seller's shoes and see why he's behaving the way he is. The same goes to buyers, even more so. They are worried about so many things, it's no wonder tempers fly.

I've learned over the years that there's far more emotion in small business sales than any other type of real estate transaction. People are either putting their life's work or their life's savings into the deal. That's a good reason to feel emotional. Brokers can become like doctors, desensitized from remembering that because after a while it's hard to deal with day in and day out.

So for all those buyers, sellers and brokers out there ... I say, stay patient everyone has their own perspective.

Try to put yourself in the other guy's shoes; it's the key to getting the deal done.

Vince Murphy Business Broker Intermediary in Boston Massachusetts area and covers Tampa FL. Miami Fort Lauderdale area for any relocating or moving on out of Tampa or Miami area.  In Fort Lauderdale dade and palm county my co-worker Russell Cohen at Murphy Broker is the man to get the job done. Let me introduce you to Russell and we both can assist you in Selling your business or buying your future. 

Comments

  1. Great Blog. Thanks for your wonderful tips & also your informative suggestions for us. Your blog will most useful for all those people or business owners who want to sell our business & find the best businessInvestment Opportunities In New Zealand. Keep sharing more & more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog